Short description of past history
Present day Libya was previously known as Italian Libya and was established in 1934. It was actually an incorporated colony of North Africa. Basically, Libya is the amalgamation of two major colonies Tripolitania and Cyrenaica which were undertaken by the Ottoman Empire in 1912 after the Turkish war. In 1934, these two colonies were united in Italian Libya with Fezzan. Then with the assistance of British indulgence, Italian Libya expanded and became a division of British rule.
After tolerating an enduring period of loutish and coarse governments, at last January 1st, 1952 brought the instance when the Libyans took the breath of alleviation and formed a self governed management. Quaddafi, about 27 years of age, led the construction of the nation to a new arena and contributed a lot for the recreation of the country.
After the independence of the province of Libya, various significant improvements have been demonstrated by the management of the nation. Women were endowed with their fundamental rights from which they were deprived of before the sovereignty; they have liberty to present their ideas before the public and they have also contributed to the jurisdiction section of the kingdom. Gone are the days when the women were considered as a thing to be decorated in the home. A revolution has been recognized in Libya.
Infrastructure of Present Libya
At present, Libya has been partitioned into three main sections, Tripolitania, Cyrenaica and Fezzan in the south west. The city Tripolitania in turn is also divided into three precincts. Jifarah, including Tripoli city is situated at the south of the country and is entirely a desolated land and a very small populace resides there. The south section of Tripolitania (Jabal) is an arid place but also endorses some cultivated land. The Fezzan area is located at the south of Tripolitania and is a barren region with some strewed oasis.
The section that acquires most of the region of Libya is Cyrenaica and is comprised of the cities of Darnah and Behghazi. Going to the west region, Akhdar ends abruptly at the shores of Gulf Sidra and in the east area it contains the boundaries of Egypt. The south part of Akhdar is a vast area of sandy desert and also contains the major arid area of Libya.
Culture of Libyans
Approximately 95% of the populace contains the Arabian and Berbers while the other 5% of the population contains the tribal groups of Italians, Greeks, Egyptians, South Asians, Maltese and various others. The civilization of the nation is a wonderful blend of the traditions of different tribal communities. The major religious convictions preached by the people are of Islam and the greater part of the populace contains the Sunni Muslims. In Libya, all the legal conversation or legal documents are written in the Arabic language, but due to the impact of travelers visiting the nation, people there have also become familiar with English and Italian.
Economic Situation of the Country
A major part of the revenue of the kingdom comes from oil which has spurned the development of cities, transportation, and powered the armed services. Now with the efforts of management, the country has developed as a beautiful tourist place that is visited by innumerable vacationers from all over the world.